Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hibernating?

Why, you ask, haven't I posted anything on my blog lately? Well, I've been wondering the same thing. Today it finally occurred to me...you see, I realized that this happens every January. I scrapbook, (well, kind of) and the month of January is always missing...or at least scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to any kind of documentation. I think we (us, not the rest of the world) hibernate in January...you know - it's cold outside, the snow is falling, really you can't do much...

Oh, wait. We don't live in the snow. You can go to the beach in the winter where I live. Well, that blows that excuse. But really, there's something about getting through the holidays and starting the year off new that restricts me from thinking, reflecting, or writing anything. I don't even take pictures! Without the inspiration of a simple picture, I am unable to let any creative juices flow. My kids don't even say or do anything interesting in the month of January! Ok, well that's not entirely true but it may as well be since I don't seem to care enough to remember any of it or to write it down. January will forever be a lost month in my book. We live only 11 months of the year.

But that said, since the beginning of January, I have been diligent (most of the time) in my new efforts to live a healthier lifestyle (aka losing 20 pounds this year), and I'm on a new kick; documenting my past life...you know, scanning in old pictures, events, papers, transcribing journals, etc. Yes, someday I will have a big fat book called "My Life". Sadly I am an all or nothing type of person. I fully embrace the task at hand, devote all my time and energy to nothing but completing that task, and this all at the expense of my lovely family. So, since that cannot go on indefinitely and this project is much larger than a quick week, it will fizzle and die before I hit any certain kind of completion. I'm no good with balance. This is probably why I do not work outside or inside of the home. But the process has begun and it has sucked all of my time. So, though I feel like hibernating, I suppose I am merely living in my past for the moment instead of looking out upon my present and dreaming of my future. Wake me in February!

2 comments:

Kasaundra said...

Don't feel bad. I'm still in hibernation. :)

Christine said...

I think January hibernations sounds like a good idea. I have a stack of scrapbooking that I made a resolution to work on but every project, event and responsibility I can think of seems to get in the way. I would love to hibernate and get it done:)