Isn't this gorgeous? Home grown, green, lush, perfect. It was lunch just waiting to happen... that is until I had the first bite...
Yuck! Bitter! Spicy! Truly disgusting! Ok, so the lettuce (a mesculan mix) was not a good choice...but on the flip side, the snails seemed to love it! I'll try again in the fall with a different breed. In the mean time, we are enjoying the occasional strawberry that manages to escape the jaws of the roly-poly's!
I really can't wait until the tomatoes are ready...
6 comments:
green with envy!
Farmer Rebecca! Has a nice ring to it!
I hate it when you don't get what your hoping for!
Sorry that they didn't taste yummy. Good for you for trying.
So looks can be deceiving when it comes to lettuce huh. What a disappointment. The strawberry is adorable.
My munchkins keep eating my stawberries. I have yet to have one much less make the fabulous pie I dreamt of long ago. I do have a tomato ready. I am going to eat it on Mother's Day with some bacon and lettuce. Doesn't that sound like heaven? I planted cilantro which is doing nicely and basil (for pesto) and a pepper. We'll see. No lettuce for us this year... was it hard? I heard butter lettuce is nice. Did you plant beans or peas? How are they doing?
Post a Comment