Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sleeping Baby Andrew

As much as I crave the quiet of an uninterrupted nights sleep - I am truly relishing the moments I share with my sweet Andrew in the still of the night. I found myself smiling last night as I listened to him grunt and stretch and release the occassional "gas bubble"... he is so his father's son!! I love to hear him cry out in his sleep, you know, the sad pitiful one, and most especially his darling little giggles. I'm really enjoying the romance of having a newborn again. I'm quite sad to see him grow up - maybe because I feel this may be my last. It all goes so fast and I think I finally get that. But really, who can resist a little charmer with a habit of smiling a bit more often than expected at such a young age? Just too cute!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What do you mean this may be the last. You are good for at least 2 more (smile). You are a better mom then I, I need the full nights sleep to function. Also a brave mom: I heard that you took all 3 kids to the beach by yourself. You are amazing.

The Plewe Clan said...

OK...so are you telling me that one day I will enjoy the middle of the night feedings...Do you hear a hint of sarcasim in my voice!!! I am really trying but enjoyment is not exactly the word that I wouls use!

Rebecca said...

Ok, Ok. Maybe relishing the middle of the night feedings is a stretch but I have been sleeping in till 9 or 10am which is late for me. Not so bad but it all goes away tomorrow so I'm off to sleep now!