
Ok - so I have always made fun of my dad (and my mom as well, but dad is worse) for the fact that he tears up over everything...even the Kleenex commercials. As I got older, my eyes got a bit misty as well but I fought like a champ to keep from becoming as bad as he is. After 3 kids and a few additional life experiences, I have fully given up. I cry for everything! I cry even more because Todd expects me to and if there is anything even remotely happy, sad, or tender, he is looking over at me expecting the waterfall. Of course, this is what brings it on.
So today I was watching E.T. with my kids and during the part where Elliot thinks E.T. is dying I notice out of the corner of my eye that not one, but both of my children are wiping their eyes with their blankets. I had to tease them...just a little. How could I resist? But they both claim, "I wasn't crying. It was just a little water coming out of my eyes." Well then.... me too!
So today I was watching E.T. with my kids and during the part where Elliot thinks E.T. is dying I notice out of the corner of my eye that not one, but both of my children are wiping their eyes with their blankets. I had to tease them...just a little. How could I resist? But they both claim, "I wasn't crying. It was just a little water coming out of my eyes." Well then.... me too!
3 comments:
Drake and I watched E.T. yesterday too! It took me back and Drake really enjoyed it.
I'm not crying....It's just raining on my face! --Flight of the Conchords
how cute is that???
Post a Comment