Sunday, June 22, 2008

I Feel Inspired.

I had no idea when I got in the car to drive to the funeral today, that I would leave there feeling so inspired and grateful for the chance to really work and make something magnificent of my life. I never imagined that the words spoken during the service would give me a renewed desire to strengthen the bond and relationship I have with my Savior. I really thought I was going to feel somber and deeply saddened by the tragic passing of my friend, Travis Alexander. The circumstances were not cheerful. This was never something we would have expected or wished to have happened but the event of his passing has given me strength. Strength and resolve to accomplish more. To do the things that matter most, without excuse, and without hesitation. This is how he lived his life. So many wonderful things were said and I could picture so vividly the memories I have of time spent with this great human being. Chris Hughes stated during his talk that whenever there is a tragedy, God works miracles. He said that God was working a miracle in our hearts right then...that we were feeling something, our hearts were softening, and a change would come. I felt it. It was powerful. And now I hope to keep that feeling and that desire with me...so that I to can do something great with my life. So that I to can learn to serve and love my fellowman and give a little back to this life that has given me so much. Thank you, Travis, for being such a great example of how to live and how to love. I hope to accomplish just a portion of what you have achieved. Your Grandpa Vic was right, you are special!

1 comment:

Autumn said...

Thanks Becky,
I could not decide to blog this or not but I need to since this is the only journaling I get to do. I was inspired too. The speakers were awesome. I will have to get a mintue and write my thought down too Thanks