Sunday, May 20, 2007

I often daydream I am an interesting, funny, insightful and inspirational speaker...much like those I heard at the "Time Out for Women" yesterday... and then reality hits when asked to speak in church. I mean, I'm a great talker...this does not mean I am an interesting talker...it just means I'm well practiced and talk A LOT (this is my official apology to all my wonderfully patient friends that must sit through my endless rants and still keep a smile of their face)! But unfortunately this does not translate into one who can speak to a congregation with finesse. How does one become skilled in this way? I imagine it takes practice and though I envy this skill and wish if for myself, I'm not quite ready to volunteer for "practice" speaking engagements. Maybe this is a talent better left for my dreams...but in the meantime, I'd better get to work on my talk for next Sunday - yikes!

2 comments:

Kizzycakes said...

good luck! john's speaking this sunday too, which means our saturday night is shot! you'll be fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hey Becca!!

i love your new blog and seeing all your great family photos. Thanks so much for sending it to me so i can keep up with you. I can't believe you are on baby #3 (i will NEVER catch up!) and I also can't believe it has been 10 years since our summer together in Florida. Big hugs to all of you! Jess in ATL