Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We camped at the Beach...

The weather was wonderful and our campsite was really close to the beach trail and the bathrooms. The perfect set-up! Jenny and Rob and their two kids joined us for the 2 night stay.

This beach was pretty rocky. Fortunately there was sand too, so it wasn't all torture but my pedicure took a beating as the waves pounded the rocks into our toes and ankles. Ouch! Todd busted his toes up a bit playing Frisbee...I think he's still feeling the effects. I guess you can't get away completely injury free when camping. Something has to happen.

Though the rocks were painful, they were quite beautiful. Home decor possibilities? We collected far too many...(just ask Jenny who trudged up the steep beach trail with a 'too' large and heavy a bucket in one arm and Porter in the other!)


We built sandcastles,

Andrew ate sandcastles.


I think by the end of our stay Porter even began to 'like' Andrew a little more as he showed his affection with 'hugs' rather than the usual throw down! Ahhh, boys!

Everyone had a great time. Our next trip needs to be at least 5 days. Camping is way too much effort for such a short time...besides who wouldn't want to stay at the beach for 5 fun days?




4 comments:

Jenny said...

We had a great time, thanks so much for inviting us! Sorry my kid is such a bully. I'm glad you got a picture of that rare hug! Although, Andrew still looks a bit tortured!

Erin Thompson said...

I am cracking up cause I just said the same thing on my blog about our camping trip, which was just 3 days, next year it has to be at least 5 days, cause it IS TOO MUCH WORK for a short time. Glad you guys had fun.

o charm said...

great pics and what a fun trip! i'm green with envy!

JaNae said...

It's true about the work it takes to get ready to go camping and clean up afterwards. I think next summer, we'll just stay some where for the entire summer.

Looks like a dreamy trip.